The Grove is currently looking for its next Student Pastor. We are praying and seeking a servant leader to partner with us in leading a community wide student ministry that reaches teenagers with the gospel and develops them into mature followers of Christ. Our student ministry has 4 pillars that are rooted in Gospel truth. They are: MAKE AN IMPACT (Leadership), ADVANCE THE KINGDOM (Evangelism), LOVE OTHERS (Mission & Community), LOVE JESUS (Worship).
If you love Jesus, feel called to ministry, are gifted by the Spirit to communicate God’s Word, enjoy building relationships with teenagers and their families, and want to develop both adult and youth leaders/servants to take on ministry responsibilities, we invite you to apply for our open, full time position of Student Pastor. You can email your resume along with any questions to email@example.com. To get an idea of our church context and culture feel free to browse our website and connect with us on Facebook and Instagram.
Sunday Attendance: 220
Student Ministry Size: 65-75 during our Student Midweek service
Denomination: Southern Baptist Convention aligned with Southern Baptist of Texas Convention (SBTC)
The Grove, also known as First Baptist Church of Orange Grove, is located in Orange Grove, Texas. Orange Grove, Texas is a rural community with a population of about 1,500 people. Orange Grove is located 20 minutes west of Corpus Christi, 2 hours south of San Antonio and 2 hours north of the Rio Grande Valley. The Orange Grove school district services about 1,500 students in kindergarten through high school.
Mission & Values:
The Grove’s mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Our values are: GATHERING together to worship God, GROWING in God’s word together, GOING out to make disciples, GIVING of our time, talent and treasure.
The staff culture of The Grove is best described as family. Our staff atmosphere is relaxed yet works with a strong desire for excellence and efficiency. Our team is made of up of a Lead Pastor, Student Pastor, Ministry Assistant, Kids Ministry Coordinator, Worship Ministry Coordinator and Worship Ministry Intern.
You may rise to the top of our list if you:
- Fit the description of our "Overview" above
- Are excited about our "Job Description"
- Have experience in Student Ministry
- Are in agreement with our "Beliefs"
- Can fully embrace our "Staff Values"
- Are willing to engage in a rural community setting
We may be a good fit for you if:
- You desire to join a hard-working, cohesive leadership team that enjoys fulfilling God’s call to minister to the church, the community, and the world.
- You desire a Student Ministry that welcomes your vision, passion, commitment, empathy, grace, love and vulnerability.
- You desire to be part of a loving church family that emphasizes next generation ministries.
- Love surrounding yourself with an excellent volunteer and leadership team.
- Seek to sharpen and make better our Student Leadership Development Program (aka "The Interns").
This is a full-time position with salary to be determined based on ministerial experience.